The ramblings and musings of author and musician Geoffrey Young Haney.
Much more coherent and loveable fare from his wife, Michelle.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In Other News ...

I'm 28 weeks along today! Baby Carter is 16 inches long and just over 2 1/2 pounds. He's not kicking as much as before, but I can feel him shifting around inside more. He's like a big bulge on one side of my stomach or the other. It's really weird, but very cool at the same time. We have our 28 week check up this Thursday and I'm really hoping that they're not going to tell me I'm becoming a fatty, lol. I've been doing my best to not gain a lot of weight, but I've heard that as you get closer to the big day, the bigger and bigger you get. Eeek! Only 3 months, or 12 weeks to go until we meet our little man.

I've been having a lot of strange dreams lately. I've always had weird dreams, but they're almost every night now, it's crazy. Between the dreaming and the fact that I only get 4 solid hours of sleep a night, I'm either slap happy most days, or REALLY crabby/irritable. Just ask Geoff. :D He's been so amazing. Very patient and helpful. I couldn't do this without him. He's the best.

We finally bought paint for the crib, changing table, bassinet, and dresser. It's called Dark Granite, and it's similar to a dark espresso brown color. I'm pretty excited about painting, and I think it's going to look really sharp. We can't paint until it gets a little warmer outside, so bring on the SPRING!

Geoff and I have been down to one car for almost two weeks now. His van was declared "unsafe" a while back, but thankfully we are getting it fixed this week! Thank goodness for tax money!

Overall some things are coming together, but the uncertainty of our living situation along with my job still being in Grand Rapids, things are still a little hectic.

No comments: