The ramblings and musings of author and musician Geoffrey Young Haney.
Much more coherent and loveable fare from his wife, Michelle.

Monday, March 29, 2010

8 Months and Counting

32 weeks/8 months along today. Wow. Carter is weighing in at 4 pounds and is just over 19 inches long. I cannot believe that I only have 6-8 weeks left in this pregnancy. I am so ready physically for this to be over. Sleep is getting harder and harder to come by. You can expect that all you want, but no one can ever prepare you for sleep deprivation. lol. However, in every other way, Carter can stay inside as long as he wants! I have a feeling I'm going to miss my little nudger insider of me.

It really hit me hard today that this is happening in a shorter amount of time than I would prefer. I think it's because I had my first baby shower this past Sunday, given by my sister in law, Miranda. (Thank you again Auntie M) It was so beautiful, fun and overwhelming! Geoff and I received many wonderful gifts. Everyone was far too generous. (Thank you to everyone who was able to come!) I have one more shower lined up for April 17, and I'm very much looking forward to that as well!

Geoff and I got all of the baby furniture sanded and primed this past Saturday. We begin the painting stages this upcoming Saturday. It's supposed to get into the 70's this week, so it's perfect painting weather! I think it's going to turn out beautiful! I can't wait to get it all home and actually start working on Carter's nursery. I'm such a planner/organizer, it's been driving me NUTS not having it all prepared. All in good time. Also my cousin Emily and I are going to be working on some photography art this Friday to put up on the walls, since we live in an apartment where we're not allowed to paint. Boo. It's completely awesome what we're going to do. We're taking all of these old school toys, like He-Man, Legos, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc. setting up some sweet scenes, and taking pictures. We'll use a white back drop so if we want, we can super impose a different picture in the back ground on photo shop. Genius. :D Thanks to Geoff's mad graphic design skills.

No comments: