The ramblings and musings of author and musician Geoffrey Young Haney.
Much more coherent and loveable fare from his wife, Michelle.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

29 Weeks and Still Preparing

Last week Thursday, Geoff and I visited my OB for my 28 week appt. Everything is looking GREAT! I didn't gain as much weight as I thought I had, and my glucose test came back normal. I'm measuring a week a head of schedule, which made me slightly panic, but other than that, the heart rate is perfect and Carter seems to be very content in his little home. That's fine by me, I'm not ready for him to come out just yet. :D

Just yesterday I registered at Holland Hospital for Geoff and I to take a Childbirth Education class, which turns out to be a class that Medicaid covers. Whoot! Also, my good friend Kim and her husband Rick signed up for the same class, which is pretty cool that we can share this experience together! It's an all day class on May 1. I'm very excited. Kim and I are also going to a Mom-2-Mom sale this Saturday at Holland Christian. Hopefully we'll find some nice things for our baby's at a good price!

I'm getting very anxious about our little man coming into the world, which of course is very normal, but it's not out of fear of not being able to be a mom. It's more like, certain things that I'd like to have in place are not happening right now. The nursery hasn't been set up at all because deep down, I've been hoping that Geoff and I would have found an apartment in Zeeland. Or that the one we really want would open up. However, I've come to the realization that you can't manipulate anything to happen the way you want things to happen, but just have to go with the flow. That doesn't mean it's not frustrating and maddening though. I suppose the plan as of right now is that we'll stay in Grandville until October, although I have no desire whatsoever to do that. Ugh, I suppose we'll just keep praying about this entire situation and trust that God knows what he's doing. That is always a challenge for me, but I'm working on it.

2 comments:

Auntie Miranda said...

Just remember to breathe lady and trust in God he really is the only one to make sense of the craziness sometimes. I already have rsvp's and even a gift or two so breathe and enjoy the things around you! Also keeping a good look out for jobs and or houses for you two! Love always,
Auntie Miranda

Kristin said...

He does know what He's doing, even if it's not they way we had hoped or on the schedule we think we need!