The ramblings and musings of author and musician Geoffrey Young Haney.
Much more coherent and loveable fare from his wife, Michelle.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

34 Weeks And Other Junk

Spring Break was last week. It was so great to have a whole week off from work. Not so great not making money, but I got lots of things accomplished including many visits with friends, cleaning the house, and getting some things reorganized. However, I must say it feels good to be back at work again. There's something to be said for the daily grind. :D The only negative was that I spent the majority of it with a bad cold, and I ended the week with a bang by getting food poisoning. I've never had that before, and I don't wish it upon anybody. I've never felt so horrible in my entire life.

Moving on ....

Thank God for the internet. I'm so thankful for the Pampers, Huggies, and What to Expect When You're Expecting websites. Their weekly updates and articles have been so incredibly helpful throughout this entire pregnancy to both Geoff and I, I don't know what I'd do without them. Clearly, people have been having children for years without all this info at their fingertips and have gotten by just fine. However, for someone who is a control freak, like me, it's so nice to get any question that pops into my head answered pretty close to immediately. I love it.

I had my 34 week appt. today. I had a 30 minute wait, but then a 45 minute long appt. once I got in there. Now, this was my doing. I had several questions, and I figured, they made me wait, I might as well get all my questions answered dang it! I asked all about how do I know when I'm in labor, what can I expect at the hospital, blah blah blah. Overall, it was really good. My blood pressure was perfect, and I only gained 2 more pounds. Carter's heartbeat was 132, and his head is down and where it should be! In two weeks from today I'll be 36 weeks and we'll do the first internal exam where they can tell if I'm dilating and preform a Strep B test. That hit me kind of hard, because it made me realize that it's really not far away now. Whooza ... that's scary.

I have a baby shower coming up this Saturday. I'm very excited to see everyone! Once again, I know it's going to be overwhelming and humbling, but I love any excuse to get people together!

Geoff and I finally finished painting the changing table and crib! Now all we need is a dresser, rocking chair and a book case for Carter, and we'll be all set. Thank God for my Mom, she's going to keep an eye open for me at garage sales! Geoff and I are picking up the painted furniture this weekend and hope to set up Carter's nursery this weekend! I can't wait to FINALLY get some things in place.

Other than that, Geoff and I are adjusting to some transition slowly with our jobs, the up coming birth amongst other things, but over all I suppose we're hanging in there. Finances are never easy, but our love carries us through. Sounds very cheesy, but it's more true than I can say. There may be times where we're short on cash, but one thing I'm sure we'll never be short on is our love.

3 comments:

JB said...

Didn't someone once sing, "I don't care too much for money, cuz money can't buy me love!" Ugh. The Beatles nauseate me, but I do like that song. :)

Toni said...

Michelle~ I have a 4 drawer dresser down stairs from my kiddos. It is painted white and I am not in need of it. Do you need it? Let me know!
Love Aunt Deb that so enjoyes your blog!

Geoff said...

Jen, you should really know better than to bash The Beatles around here, especially on a post by Michelle!!! :D

Aunt Deb - We will have to check that out! It might work great!