The ramblings and musings of author and musician Geoffrey Young Haney.
Much more coherent and loveable fare from his wife, Michelle.

Friday, May 27, 2011

A Bit of Updating

Greetings people of the interwebs!

So May has completely slipped by me and I see today that I have only published 2 posts this month! This simply will not do. So since I have the house to myself tonight, expect a plethora of posts. Don't worry, for my sake and yours I will space them out to publish in the next fews days. Call it my Memorial Day Weekend gift to you. And if you hate all my posts, then consider it an torture! Moohahahahaha.

Of course, if that's the case, why are you here in the first place?

Anyway, I digress. THE POINT OF THIS POST: To let you in a few things.

You will see in the menu above that I have added two links, THE SONS OF THE MOON and DEAD LIVING. What are these, you ask? These are the two books that I will be publishing this year! Yay! So click the links above to read an excerpt from each project. A bit about them...


THE SONS OF THE MOON is my baby, birthed into this world some years ago now by myself and my heterosexual life-mate, Matt Rodriguez. December 1st, 2011 marks the day that we will release our fair child into the blinding sun of reality. But in all seriousness, The Sons of The Moon is the first volume in our young adult epic fantasy series entitled The World Within My Walls, and we couldn't be more excited to have everyone read this bad boy. It really has been a labor of love. I can confidently say that it is an action-packed, magic-filled story that is sure to take readers on an adventurous ride through the mythical land of Eldynwood as two young men from Earth – the virtuous and creative Baron McNeil and an intrepid orphan named Baldwin – fight for the freedom of a land outside their own, how a warrior named Archer embraces his role in the struggle, and how one mysterious man known only as the Wishmaker may hold the key to saving Eldynwood once and for all. But don't take my word for it, read the excerpt! And follow the link at the bottom of that page to check out chapter one from The Sons of The Moon on my Goodreads page.


DEAD LIVING is really a pet project of mine, something I've always wanted to do. I could talk for hours about the future plans for Dead Living, the big dreams, but I will hit you with the important stuff. What is dropping this year, August 1st, is a novella entitled Dead Living Vol. 0: The Day The Rain Stopped. This is a primer of sorts for what is to come. I hope Dead Living will become a lot more interactive and multi-media as things progress, but for now its a simple novella I hope to have people read and enjoy. Dead Living will tell tales of survival after a strange 28-day rain storm infects both the living and the deceased with a virus capable of reanimating dead tissue. Told through multiple points of view, Dead Living weaves together the tales of many different people from many different walks of life as they struggle to find safety, to find loved ones, and to find a cure to the virus pumping through humanity's veins. Book of Matches Media's DEAD LIVING is sure to serve up all sorts of walking dead deliciousness. At the end of this excerpt you will find a link the Dead Living Survivor-log which will be launching shortly as August creeps ever closer!

So please, check those links out, comment on the Goodreads excerpt if you're a member, and comment on here letting me know what you think! Pass this along to people who might enjoy the stories, as well. Thanks as always for your time and support.

Here's to a very eventful rest of the year!

Cheers.

G

No comments: