The ramblings and musings of author and musician Geoffrey Young Haney.
Much more coherent and loveable fare from his wife, Michelle.

Friday, April 8, 2011

New Look, New Direction

Howdy Inter-webs!

So yea, it's been a while since I've posted. By a while, I mean months and months and months. But that's all going to change! (I know you're excited, try to contain yourselves.)

Basically, I realize that I need to get more involved in this blogosphere, by reconnecting with my peeps on the blog. Why do this, you ask? For completely selfish gain, of course! Why do anything?

So with that in mind, I'm proud to announce that Matt and I will be self-releasing The Sons of The Moon on December 1st, 2011! The entire rest of the year is mapped out in preparations for the release and one of those goals is to engage our friends and audience more through social networking. (Yes, that means I'll be swallowing my disdain and opening a Twitter account...)

Don't worry though, I'm really not a big fan of talking on and on about my self. (Really, I swear it!) So this blog will still have Michelle posting updates about our family life (I will speak of it as well) and some other non-writer weekly segments (music crap - my other passion.) And I'll write ON writing and inspiration and all that good stuff, not just talking incessantly about the release of the novel.

We don't have a big readership here on Creating Life (yet) but we're looking to increase it. So if you wanna guest blog about a topic or pimp your work or whatever the case may be, consider this an open invitation. We're looking to bring traffic this way and to give a shout out to cool ideas and works floating around in cyberspace. So if you're interested or have any questions, get a hold of me by clicking the CONTACT tab at the top of the page.

We will kick off things next week with 5 days of posts about the people who inspire me. (I lovingly call it Standing On The Shoulders of Giants week.) Mon-Fri will bring a new inspiration and how they came to influence my work. Maybe I'll get Michelle to post about a few of hers, too.

So we will see you all back here Monday when we kick things off! Spread the word about the blog and the release and I hope to be interacting with many of you soon.

Take care!

G

3 comments:

Mic said...

So excited! Whoot!

Matthew MacNish said...

I like the new layout but I would also suggest you need more stuff. Pictures and an "about me" or "us" on the sidebar would be great. I had to look around for a while to remember who you were.

Hi Geoff!

Geoff said...

LOL, hi Matt!

Yea, that stuff will be coming this weekend. This is just the beginning over the overhaul. Thanks for stopping by though!