The ramblings and musings of author and musician Geoffrey Young Haney.
Much more coherent and loveable fare from his wife, Michelle.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Little Carter and Mommy Update

Carter is now just over 4 months old and more fun than ever! He's 14 pounds 15 ounces and is 26 inches long! He's in the 50% for weight and 90% for height. On his birthday (Sept. 11) we introduced cereal on a spoon and he did spectacular! We are so proud of him! He's rolling over on his own, loves to be tickled and we're working on getting to sit by himself. His feet are starting to get more and more active as well. He loves to stand, and I think he'll be doing that on his own before we know it.

About 6 weeks ago now I stopped breastfeeding. About 3 weeks after that, I deeply regretted it. So, I called the Lactation experts at Holland Hospital and asked if it was even possible to begin breastfeeding once you've stopped for that long, and they surprised me with good news that it is possible. However, it would require hard work and a lot of patience. Well, it was really important to me, so I said, yes, I want to try. Well, it's been a solid two weeks, if not longer since I've been trying. With no success, I've decided to call it quits. I am really upset about it, but I can't make my body do something it just physically can't do anymore. I just hope I remember how I feel now so that when God willing the next baby comes, I know what I want and what I have to do.

No comments: