The ramblings and musings of author and musician Geoffrey Young Haney.
Much more coherent and loveable fare from his wife, Michelle.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Changes for the Week

Our beautiful boy is nearly 3 months old already. I can hardly believe it! He's no longer a newborn, but now a baby. *sigh* He's almost out of his 0-3 month clothes, and is weighing in around 14 pounds. He's not chubby, he's not thin, he's juuuuuust right. lol.

We had some pretty big things happen this week so far. I believe Carter is at the beginning stages of teething. Not close to cutting teeth yet, but he's drooling like crazy and he loves his gums being rubbed. Therefore, for that reason among MANY other, Geoff and I decided that this week would be my first week of weaning Carter from breast feeding. I figure it will take about 6 weeks in total, and it's going really well so far. He's responded great to the bottle and seems to be quite happy and content. We also moved him into his crib just last night and he slept like an angel. He's still not sleeping through the entire night, but I believe (and hope) that he's well on his way.

Geoff and I have been feeling crazy amounts of creativity lately. We've been rearranging the house, making lists of things we want to accomplish for our home (ei: things we want to make, buy, decor, etc.), and plotting many projects. It's been a lot of fun, even if all of the projects are a little ways away (financially anyways).

Still no unemployment benefits. Man o man, I seriously don't get it. Come on Michigan, isn't being unemployed torturous enough? You have to kick me while I'm down by taking 8 WEEKS for me to receive money?! Really?! I have a son to clothe and feed for crying out loud. Grrr .. so frustrating. Needless to say, it's been an extremely humbling experience. We've eaten up our entire savings. I've been trying to not be angry about it, and I've been just praying for a miracle or a blessing of any kind. Well, last night, that prayer was answered. Friends from Engedi, our church gave us a gift card to Meijer that should help us get through the week. Thank you so much Josh and Erika.

No comments: