The ramblings and musings of author and musician Geoffrey Young Haney.
Much more coherent and loveable fare from his wife, Michelle.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Side Quest! 1.27.12

Side Quest! is a Friday segment where I basically share some links to stuff that entertained, enthralled, and distracted me during the last few days. The idea of "Side Quest" as a segment comes from just such a thing: The Indoor Kids, a podcast on the Nerdist Network (a site sure to make many an appearance in this segmant...) Hosts Kumail Nanjiani and Emily Gordon talk videogames, movies, and generally nerdery with a slew of awesome guests. Sometimes thought-provoking and always entertaining, The Indoor Kids is slowly becoming my new obsession (especially in an easter-egg-oriented episode where they discussed a haunted Majora's Mask game and I spent the next day and half reading and watching this insanity...) So, thanks Kids!

What's sure to be another regular source in Side Quest! is the Book of Matches Tumblr. This week I longed for a sweet piece of nerd art, reminisced about one of my favorite exchanges in cinamatic history, and learned Elmore Leonard's 10 Rules of Writing, which I leave you with now.

[via The Trad]



What about you? What random Interweb wonders have you stumbled on recently?

No comments: